She Says It Was a Mistake

from the first encounter when she made her way as the sun was setting
I think it's because she didn't know things would get as they did
I think it was the innocence behind the intention that made it easier
I think it was the sense of adventure that made her curious
I think if she could do it all over again she would not have made the journey
I think if fate gave them the chance to align the stars, the future as is would not be
It's oddly amusing to think that this is the result of that simple journey
Brought about by months of laughs teasing, lectures and that one blackmail message

That crazy evening traffic from Nairobi must have been trying to send a sign
Why didn't they see it?
Saying it doesn't matter how late, it was their day and they would have it.

Comments

Popular Posts